Joseph is a Partner in our Financial Sponsors Group specialising in Private Equity and Growth Capital.
Joseph has over 10 years' experience acting for domestic and international PE funds, venture capital and growth funds and other financial investors, portfolio companies and management teams on a broad range of transactions, including UK and international leveraged buyouts, venture and growth capital investments, disposals, reorganisations and management incentive arrangements. Joseph frequently advises on real estate, infrastructure, financial services and TMT/fintech transactions.
In 2019 Joseph was listed in Legal Week's 40 Under 40: The Rising Stars in Private Equity.
Joseph holds a Bachelor of the Arts with Honours from the University of the West of England and completed the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course at Nottingham Law School.
In 2022, Joseph spent 9 months on secondment to Blackstone in London, supporting their Tactical Opportunities and Growth businesses.
During 2010-11, Joseph spent 8 months practising in Shanghai where he advised on various M&A transactions, joint ventures and foreign direct investments in the PRC and the wider Asia pacific region.
Experience & expertise
- Blackstone on the non-US elements of its acquisition of a majority stake in Emerson’s Climate Technologies business – a deal valuing the business at US$14 billion
- Aquiline Capital Partners on its Series-E investment in Smart Pension Limited
- a consortium comprising GIC and funds advised by BlackRock in relation to their acquisition from funds advised by Antin Infrastructure Partners of Kellas Midstream, an owner and operator of key gas infrastructure in the UK Central and Southern North Sea
- Aquiline Capital Partners on its investment in Wealth at Work Group Limited, a UK-based specialist provider of workplace financial education, guidance and regulated financial advice
- Impilo on the leveraged buyout of The Fertility Partnership, a leading European provider of fertility services, ultrasound pregnancy scans and hormone treatments with activities in the UK, Poland and the Netherlands and the subsequent acquisition of VivaNeo, one of the leading European providers of fertility services with clinics in Austria, Denmark, the Netherlands and Germany
- H2 Equity Partners on its leveraged buyout of Siderise Group, a manufacturer and distributor of fire safety, acoustic and thermal insulation solutions
- GIC on its acquisition of a 30% stake in CETIN Group, a leading telecommunications infrastructure provider operating across Central and Eastern Europe
- Acacia Research Corporation on its secondary purchase of a portfolio of interests in 19 public and private life sciences companies based in the UK and US from the legacy Neil Woodford fund, LF Equity Income Fund, for £223.9 million
- Cabot Square Capital on various investments, disposals and portfolio management issues including the MBO of MSP Capital, a provider of development loans and bridging finance solutions, and the disposal of LDF Group, a specialist lender and distributor of asset finance and loans to UK SMEs, to White Oak Global Advisors
- Three Hills Capital Partners on a number of investments and refinancings, including on their additional investment alongside FPP, into their portfolio company, Byron Burger, the debt and equity financing of the MBO of WPI Group, a provider of civil engineering, earthworks and road surfacing services, and the refinancing of the Hunter Boots business
- Macquarie Bank Limited in relation to its equity and debt financing of the management buy in of Aitch Care Homes Group
- Carlyle on the disposal of Ludgate House and Sampson House to a consortium led by Native Land
- BlackRock on the sale of 1 & 2 Harbour Exchange, Canary Wharf to GAW Capital Partners
- Gresham House, as manager of the British Strategic Infrastructure Fund, on its investment in Wildanet, a provider of fibre broadband internet services in the west of England
- Temasek on its Series E and Series F investments in Funding Circle and its Series D investment in Secret Escapes
- Khazanah on its Series F investment in Farfetch.com
- LendInvest on its Series C debt and equity funding round
- MedNeo, a medical imaging provider, and its investor MARCOL on a €30m growth facility provided by the European Investment Bank
- WeWALK, a “tech-for-good” start-up supported by the Social Tech Trust and Microsoft through their “AI For Good” programme, on its Series A investment round
- the management shareholders of Atom Group (a producer and distributor of alcoholic drinks, trading online as Masters of Malt) on a sale to AB InBev
- the management team on the MBO of Centric Health by Five Arrows Principal Investments
- Telefonica on the c. £11.2bn sale of O2 to Hutchison Whampoa
- Wesfarmers on the acquisition of Homebase from Home Retail Group for £340m and the subsequent sale of Homebase to Hilco Capital
- Shaanxi Ligeance Mineral Resources on the acquisition of Gardner Aerospace from Better Capital for £326m and the subsequent bolt-on acquisition of Northern Aerospace from Better Capital for £44m
- AGCO Corporation on the acquisition of Cimbria, a maker of equipment and processing lines for seed and grain with operations across Europe, Africa and the Middle East, from Silverfleet Capital
- Altra Industrial Motion Corp. on its acquisition of the Stromag business, a manufacturer and distributor of clutches and brakes with operations in Germany, France, the U.S., the UK, Brazil, India and China, from GKN plc for €214m