Jorge advises on corporate and competition, retail and consumer goods.
Based in Madrid, Jorge specialises in corporate law, commercial contracts, commercial distribution and competition law. He has participated in diverse pre-legislative matters for the Government of Spain and has advised numerous companies and law firms.
He has written numerous articles on capital markets, competition, consumer affairs, corporate law and insolvency.
Jorge currently chairs the ‘Dialogue’ Committee of the Automotive Sector, which mediates between Spanish manufacturing and distribution companies.
He has participated written the following books:
- "Private company Law reform in Europe: The race for flexibility", Ed. Thomson Reuters Aranzadi (2015)
- "La reforma de los contratos de distribución comercial" Jorge Viera González , Joseba Aitor Echebarría Sáenz ((2013)
- "Distribución comercial y derecho de la competencia", Jorge Viera González , Joseba Aitor Echevarría Sáenz (2011)
- "Los contratos de distribución", Alberto Alonso Ureba (dir.), Jorge Viera González (dir.). La Ley (2010)
- "Las sociedades de capital cerradas: (un problema de relaciones entre los tipos SA y SRL)", Arístides Jorge Viera González, Editorial Aranzadi (2002)
Jorge holds a PhD in Law from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid. Accredited as full professor business and corporate law at Rey Juan Carlos University (Madrid).
Experience & expertise
- Preparation of the Good Commercial Practice Guide for the automotive sector
- Legal design and implementation of corporate governance of IDC – Salud
- an international retail group on consumer, unfair trade and advertising matters
- an international natural gas utility group on trade mark and corporate name
- Solunion on the Board of Directors and corporate agreements
- Europac on recurrent corporate legal advice to its holding company and its subsidiaries
- Credit Agricole on the potential restructuring of the investment of Calyon in a Spanish listed
- Bravofly on the acquisition of Rumbo, a Spanish company active in the online travel business, from the travel group Orizonia (controlled by The Carlyle Group) and Telefónica