Jonathan Tang Yuan
Jonathan is an experienced restructuring and insolvency lawyer, and a Director at Prolegis LLC.
Jonathan's practice focuses primarily on restructuring, corporate insolvency, and workouts. Jonathan regularly advises and represents insolvency professionals, companies, and creditors in judicial management, scheme of arrangement, and winding up proceedings before the Singapore High Court.
Jonathan has significant experience in obtaining orders for moratoria, scheme of arrangement, and super-priority rescue financing orders over a wide range of companies and sectors. This include acting as lead counsel and arguing before the Singapore Court in debtor-led restructurings of publicly listed companies, crypto companies, F&B staples, and real estate management companies. The team's representation of the Zipmex entities in the cross-border Zipmex group restructuring resulted in the deal being shortlisted for the Restructuring Deal of the Year at the IFLR Asia-Pacific Awards 2023.
He is an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore. He is also a Committee Member of the Law Society of Singapore's Civil Practice Committee, a fellow of the Insolvency Practitioners' Association of Singapore, and a member of INSOL International.
- Getting the Deal Through – Restructuring & Insolvency 2018
- Global Restructuring Review (1 February 2019) - Singapore's restrictions on ipso facto clauses: what comes next?
- IFLR (4 October 2022) – Singapore ideal for international cross-border restructuring
- HR Asia (19 May 2022) – Up in the Air: The current state of business travel in Asia
- HSF Singapore e-Bulletin (27 June 2023): Debtor-led Restructuring in Singapore – A Cost Effective, Flexible, and Business-Friendly Option
- HSF Arbitration Blog (10 July 2023) - Singapore winding up proceedings dismissed with costs because applicant should have arbitrated first
- HSF Arbitration Blog (3 August 2023) - Singapore Court holds that USDT is property capable of being held on trust
Experience & expertise
- counsel for the Zipmex Group in its Singapore-led restructuring and scheme of arrangement proceedings
- counsel for the No Signboard Group in its restructuring and scheme of arrangement proceedings
- counsel for Charisma Energy Services Ltd in its restructuring and scheme of arrangement proceedings
- counsel for Alpha Dx Group Limited in its restructuring and pre-packaged scheme of arrangement proceedings
- counsel for creditors in the liquidation and/or restructurings of Three Arrows Capital, Babel Finance Group, and FTX