John mainly advises financial institutions and high net worth individuals on a range of commercial disputes, including litigation, arbitration, mediation, investigations and advisory work. He has worked on contractual disputes, shareholder and joint venture disputes, partnership and LLP disputes, employment-related disputes, contentious real estate issues and advised on regulatory issues.
John did a law degree at King's College London. He was admitted as a solicitor in September 2015 and was granted higher rights of audience in 2017.
Experience & expertise
- a leading investment bank in relation to a large class action dispute relating to potential mis-selling of tax related schemes
- a leading investment bank in relation to mortgage repossession proceedings and associated regulatory and bankruptcy issues
- a consortium of lenders in relation to enforcement of their security for a infrastructure project in Ghana
- a leading investment bank in relation to claims relating to the alleged breaches of duties as mortgagee in possession of shares
- Marathon Asset Management in relation to a high court and related claims against its former employees for the theft of confidential documents (The Lawyer, Top 20 case, 2016)
- a family office in relation to various claims fraud claims with a multi-jurisdiction aspect
- a major property development and infrastructure company in relation to a corporate restructuring, in particular regarding trust issues