John is an English law qualified associate specialising in project finance and commercial banking transactions.
John has advised international lenders and borrowers on conventional and Islamic bilateral and syndicated loans.
John received a bachelor's degree in law from the University of Cambridge and completed his postgraduate legal practice qualification at BPP University Law school in London. John has previously worked for the firm’s Moscow and London offices.
Experience & expertise
- the mandated lead arrangers to the bidder on two projects promoted by Saudi Aramco for workers' accommodation at Aramco sites in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- the lenders in relation to a SAR 695 million Islamic refinancing and capex facility for the expansion of petrochemical plants operated by Methanol Chemicals Company in Saudi Arabia
- a major UAE logistics group on USD and GBP acquisition financing tranches for the acquisition of a US target company
- the project company in connection with project financing of the procurement, construction and operation of a multi-billion-dollar offshore pipeline project
- a major mining company in connection with a bullion sale, purchase and prepayment agreement entered into with an international bank in relation to gold, silver, platinum and palladium