A partner at the firm since 1986, John specialises in structured, corporate, acquisition and project finance.
John is internationally regarded as one of Australia’s pre-eminent cross-border and domestic structured finance experts.
John acts for arrangers, lessees and borrowers, equity participants, financiers, sponsors and other participants in structured financing transactions. This wide-ranging experience means he can offer clients insights on their transactions from a variety of perspectives.
John’s clients come from a broad cross-section of industries including energy and resources, mining, IT, retail and telecommunications. He has also advised the Republic of Nauru on structured lease transactions.
John holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from the University of Melbourne.
Experience & expertise
- AGL Energy in relation to numerous bilateral and syndicated corporation, acquisition and bid financings, including the syndicated corporate refinancing associated with the AGL Energy/Alinta Energy scheme of arrangement and restructure
- APA Group in relation to numerous bilateral and syndicated corporate, acquisition and bid financings, and on its United States private placement and the associated alignment of the terms and conditions for its existing United States private placement
- Singapore Power International Pte Limited on financing its participation in the acquisition of the Alinta Energy Group
- Australian financial institutions on a number of principal-to-principal structured investment and financing transactions
- Griffin Coal mine, Mount Thorley Warkworth mines and Murrin Murrin mine on structured lease transactions