Joel is a solicitor in the Herbert Smith Freehills’ Real Estate group in Melbourne.
Joel advises clients on due diligence, commercial acquisitions and dispositions, property development, and leasing and licensing matters.
Joel graduated from the University of Melbourne with Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) and Juris Doctor (Honours) degrees.
Joel is a member of the St Kevin’s Old Collegians’ Association and the Melbourne Cricket Club.
Experience & expertise
- Confidential client in relation to its $2.9 billion residential, commercial and retail development of Melbourne Quarter
- Healthscope in relation to due diligence and real-estate issues in the context of a $4.4 billion takeover bid from Brookfield
- Engie in relation to its development and operation of Willogoleche Wind Farm
- Oliver Hume in relation to its acquisitions, dispositions and developments in Parkville, North Melbourne and West Melbourne
- Suncorp Group Limited in its sale of Parkhurst Farm