Jocelyn is a dispute resolution lawyer, focusing on international arbitration and commercial litigation matters.
Jocelyn's practice focuses on general commercial litigation and international arbitration, with experience in matters involving multi-jurisdictional disputes, economic tort, fraud and shareholder disputes. She has experience working with clients in various sectors, including financial services, telecommunications, consumer products, construction, as well as high-net-worth individuals.
Jocelyn has advised clients in high-stakes litigation, as well as arbitration proceedings seated in numerous jurisdictions and under the ICC, HKIAC and UNCITRAL Rules. She also advises on contentious and non-contentious insurance matters.
Jocelyn holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Hong Kong. She is admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong and England and Wales. Jocelyn is fluent in English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese).
Experience & expertise
- a major Japanese trading house in an ICC arbitration for disputes arising out of a joint venture agreement with its Taiwanese counterparty for a franchise business in mainland China
- a leading cryptocurrency exchange in HKIAC proceedings in Hong Kong arising from the alleged breach of an investment agreement
- the founder of a cryptocurrency business in defending an injunction and associated civil litigation and ad hoc arbitration proceedings in Hong Kong commenced by a venture capital firm
- a leading Chinese electronics manufacturer in defending a set of complex and highly contentious litigation proceedings involving allegations of breach of confidence, inducement, procurement of breach of contractual and fiduciary duties, conspiracy, constructive trust and dishonest assistance in the Hong Kong High Court and containing cross-jurisdictional elements (namely Hong Kong, mainland China, Taiwan and the United States)
- an international bank in relation to trade credit insurance claims arising from the insolvencies of Singapore based commodities trading groups