Joaquín is a senior associate in the litigation, ADR and arbitration practice in the Madrid office.
Joaquín is a senior associate in the litigation, ADR and arbitration practice in the Madrid office. focuses on litigation, including both domestic and international claims, and actively deals with litigious and non-litigious proceedings. He particularly focuses in the areas of insurance coverage disputes, product liability, political risk insurance, pharma, energy, machinery breakdown and professional indemnity. He advises clients at the pre-litigation stages, and on out-of-court settlements. He also has wide experience in crisis management, proceedings before all kind of Spanish Courts. His experience in dispute resolution includes not only litigation but also monitoring international claims and working with lawyers and experts from other jurisdictions.
Joaquín has a Law degree from the Universidad CEU San Pablo and a master's degree in Law (LLM) from IE Law School. Prior to joining the firm, Joaquín worked in the litigation and arbitration department of another international law firm in Madrid.
He speaks Spanish and English.
Experience & expertise
- a leading insurer on policy response, as lead Single Project Professional Indemnity insurer, in connection with the landslide occurred in a crossing at the Second Cross Range, a dual carriageway bypass and partial ring road in Toowoomba (Australia)
- a leading insurer and its Canadian subsidiary on advice related to the Single Project-Professional Indemnity policy interpretation as well as legal opinion in terms of finding a potential out-of-court settlement/ outcome of the claim
- a Spanish food group on its claim under a political risk policy due to the failure to repay its financial debt as a consequence of the armed conflict that broke out in Ethiopia
- a Spanish life science company and its liability insurer on a multijurisdictional product liability serial claim in connection with a defective component for the pharmaceutical sector
- a global insurer on a claim for damages against a life sciences company in relation to an alleged defective recall in the US
- a Spanish construction and infrastructure company on the cover under the global insurance program of the damages caused by the overflow of a river during the improvement works of highway in Chile