Joanne is a senior finance lawyer with over a decade of experience in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
Joanne has gained extensive experience in advising sponsors, governments and financiers on complex cross-border project finance transactions, including projects in the renewable power, conventional power, hydroelectric power, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. Although she predominately focusses on transactions across Africa, she also has a strong track record in the Middle East and Europe. Many of the financings Joanne has advised on have involved ECAs, DFIs, Islamic banks and multilateral lenders. Joanne also has keen interest in off-grid clean energy solutions and sustainable finance. and CDC on the development of Commercial and Industry (C&I).
Joanne graduated from Reading University with a degree in law with European legal studies (LLB Hons) and has been practising in the finance sector since 2006. Joanne joined the firm as a senior associate in 2011 and the co-chair of the HSF London Family Network.
Experience & expertise
- IFC and Government of Malawi in relation to the development and financing through a PPP model of the proposed 350MW Mpatamanga Hydropower Project
- the World Bank Group on the Scaling Solar Program documentation developed by the IFC and the subsequent projects in Zambia, Uzbekistan and Ethiopia
- EDF, IFC and Government of Cameroon on the development of a 420MW hydroelectric power plant at Nachtigal in Cameroon
- Government of Sierra Leone on the development and project financing of the Bumbuna II project
- Manocap Energy and CDC on the development of Commercial and Industry (C&I) solar projects in Sierra Leone and Ghana
- the lenders on the hybrid financing provided to Antin Infrastructure Partners and CATS in connection with the development of the Humber Gathering System gas pipeline in the North Sea
- Guaranty Trust Bank on the financing of the OML Alternative Crude Oil Evacuation System in Nigeria, including the construction of a crude evacuation pipeline and the procurement and installation of an FSO
- MIDIS on the funding of an acquisition of up to a 30% shareholding by Dalmore and Equitix in Agility Trains East. London infrastructure M&A finance team assisted MIDIS on the certain funds bid process