Jessica Shihui Loy
Jessica acts for lenders and corporate borrowers on a range of international financing transactions.
Jessica advises on financing transactions with a focus on TMT financing, acquisition financing, energy financing and debt restructuring.
Jessica has over 10 years of experience advising lenders and borrowers on complex cross-border financing transactions, including debt restructuring, TMT financing, acquisition financing and energy financing.
Jessica obtained her LL.B. from the National University of Singapore and she is qualified in Singapore and England and Wales.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Jessica worked in a leading law firm in Singapore. Jessica's experience includes secondment to an international investment bank in Singapore, as legal counsel to their global corporate banking and trade finance businesses.
Experience & expertise
- a syndicate of lenders on their financing to a digital infrastructure firm to finance its acquisition of an ownership interest in data centre platforms located in Malaysia and Thailand
- a syndicate of lenders on their financing to one of the leading Indonesian energy companies on their acquisition of ownership interest in one of the largest power plants in Indonesia
- a syndicate of lenders on a borrowing base facility to a listed Indonesian oil and gas company for the development of its oil and gas assets in Indonesia
- a Singapore conglomerate on its project financing in respect of the construction of subsea cables from Asia to North America
- the sponsor on a up to US$1.4 billion project finance facility from a syndicate of lenders in respect of its construction of the liquefaction plant project located in British Colombia
- a multinational technology conglomerate in relation to its various investments into Indonesia and Pakistan for the construction, maintenance and operation of fibre networks by its local partners
- a leading global investment firm in relation to its multi-jurisdictional restructuring of debts involving a group in the hospitality sector
- a leading multinational bank in relation to its multi-jurisdictional restructuring of debts involving an upstream oil and gas company