Jessica advises clients on a range of employment and industrial relations matters.
Jessica has experience supporting clients with both contentious and non-contentious employment and industrial relations matters including:
- unfair dismissal, breach of General Protections and discrimination claims and litigation in the Fair Work Commission, Federal Circuit Court and Federal Court and Australian Human Rights Commission
- award compliance and underpayment claims
- enterprise bargaining, union negotiations and employee disputes
- transfers of business and advice concerning employment matters arising from corporate transactions including international corporate restructures
Jessica has advised and appeared in matters before the Fair Work Commission, Federal Court and Federal Circuit Court, in addition to a number of state industrial and administrative tribunals.
In 2017, Jessica competed in the New South Wales Law Society’s Golden Gavel public speaking competition. She was also a finalist in the Workplace Relations Employment and Safety category of the Lawyers Weekly 30 under 30 Awards in 2018.
Jessica holds a Bachelor of Economic and Social Sciences from the University of Sydney and a Juris Doctor from the University of New South Wales.
Experience & expertise
- a bank on a jurisdictional objection to an unfair dismissal application before the Fair Work Commission
- an ASX listed company in relation to award compliance and the underpayments of employees
- a state owned corporation concerning changes to whistleblower protections and the impact on their grievance handling and investigation framework
- a transport provider in relation to the transition of employees from state public sector employment to the private sector