Jen Ru Wong
Jen Ru specialises in cross-border corporate and merger and acquisition transactions.
Jen Ru has experience in advising companies in different sectors on acquisitions and disposals of shares and assets, with a focus on cross-border merger and acquisition transactions in the energy and infrastructure sector. She has worked on a number of transactions in the upstream and downstream oil and gas, power, and renewables sector in Southeast Asia.
Jen Ru holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Reading. She was admitted to the Bar of England and Wales in 2016 and to the Malaysian Bar as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 2017.
Jen Ru is fluent in English and has intermediate proficiency in written and spoken Mandarin Chinese and Malay.
Experience & expertise
- Yinson Renewables, a subsidiary of Yinson of Malaysia, in relation to its acquisition of a stake in Rising Sun Energy, which holds two 70 mw solar power assets at the Bhadla Solar Park located in Rajasthan, India
- a confidential solar service company in relation to the proposed development in Malaysia of a dedicated solar power plant underpinned by a corporate offsite sleeved PPA
- a confidential Malaysian client on its proposed acquisition of the company holding Petrofac’s operated upstream interest in Malaysia including the operatorship
- a confidential Asian client on its proposed “country exit” with respect to interests in a number of upstream PSCs in a Southeast Asian jurisdiction
- a confidential client on an acquisition of wind and solar power generation assets in Mexico