Jau Shi has extensive experience in the resources and energy sectors.
She advises vendors and purchasers of substantial energy and resources assets, assisting them with due diligence and transaction structuring. Resource owners regularly seek Jau-Shi’s advice on project development and structuring, joint venture work, sale and processing / transportation arrangements, and government regulation.
A native English speaker, Jau-Shi speaks conversational Mandarin.
Jau-Shi holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Western Australia and was admitted to practise in 1999. She has completed a Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance and Investment from the Securities Institute of Australia (2002), with several awards in Corporate Finance.
Jau-Shi is affiliated with the Association of International Energy Negotiators and the Energy & Resources Law Association.
Experience & expertise
- Santos’ project development activities in the Gladstone LNG project, including upstream field development and ownership structuring
- Darwin LNG’s backfill arrangements with Barossa and the DLNG life extension project, including the processing arrangements and related documents and the joint venture governance amendments required to facilitate the project and backfill
- North West Shelf Venturers on equity lifting of LNG and domestic gas from the project, including associated upstream gas balancing
- North West Shelf Venturer’s sale of equity to China National Offshore Oil Corporation, as a component of the A$25 billion LNG supply contract between the consortium and CNOOC
- Bayu Undan Joint Venture’s proposed carbon capture and storage project, including advice on project structuring, processing arrangements, governance arrangements and carbon sequestration agreements