Japonica acts in the acquisition and disposal of property, and complex land titling projects.
Japonica has experience in mixed use developments and working with clients to ensure that their objectives are reflected in the relevant documentation. Japonica has a particular interest acting for government, private and public companies in the acquisition and disposal of property, restructuring of ownership vehicles for property and developers and complex land titling projects. She also has an interest in how new technologies can assist the legal process.
Japonica holds a Bachelor of Law (Hons) from Sydney University and a Master of Philosophy (awarded with distinction) from the University of Glasgow. Japonica also holds a bachelor of Arts from the University of Western Australia.
Experience & expertise
- Assisting the developer in relation to titling and development of 180 George St, Sydney (Salesforce Tower/Sydney Place).
- Assisting Frasers/Dexus in relation to an unsolicited proposal to TfNSW in respect of redevelopment parts of Central Station in conjunction with the consortiums proposed development of Central Place Sydney including negotiations with other third party developers in the precinct area.
- Assisting TfNSW on aspects of the property and titling issues relating to the Circular Quay Precinct Renewal (CQPR) project. This advice includes due diligence and advising on current title structure and encumbrances on the target site and adjacent land.
- Orica on the various titling issues, including subdivision, easements release and creation and restrictions on use and disposal of sites across NSW.
- Assisting various developers in respect of their development arrangements with local councils and other authorities (eg easements, covenants, restrictions on use and leasing) including off the plan developments.