James is a solicitor in the Brisbane Disputes team.
James has experience working on a range of commercial disputes matters, with a particular focus on insurance disputes and advice. He has acted in matters in the Supreme Court of Queensland, the Local Court and Supreme Court of New South Wales and the Federal Court of Australia, and in mediations.
James holds a Bachelor of Economics and a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of Queensland, where he graduated with the University Medal in Law. He has also obtained the masters-level Bachelor of Civil Law from the University of Oxford.
James was admitted in the Supreme Court of Queensland in 2018, and is entered on the High Court Register of Practitioners.
James has been a Judge’s Associate at the Supreme Court of Queensland and the Federal Court of Australia
Experience & expertise
- Newcrest with its major property damage and business interruption claim for a tailings dam wall failure
- a distributor of financial services products with civil and criminal proceedings alleging misleading conduct in the sale of travel insurance
- a JV participant in a coal fired power station with its Supreme Court of Queensland claim against insurers following damage to a turbine
- an Australian client in insurance coverage advice in relation to credit card fraud committed by cybercriminals
- the UK-based administrators of an international business with advice and forensic investigation in relation to potential insurance coverage
- a major insurance broker with defence of Supreme Court of Queensland litigation alleging professional negligence in obtaining insurance for a client