James is a senior associate in our Real Estate group.
James advises clients on real estate projects across Australia in all asset classes, specialising in capital transactions, complex developments and major leasing. He frequently acts for institutional investors, funds, private and publicly listed companies and high net worth individuals in Australia and internationally.
James holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- QIC on the acquisition and disposal of a number of its key office and retail real estate assets across Australia, including the "80 Collins" mixed-use precinct in Melbourne, Victoria, "Pacific Werribee" and "Pacific Epping" in Melbourne, Victoria, 61 Mary Street in Brisbane, Queensland, "Craigieburn Junction" in Craigieburn, Victoria and various other regional retail assets
- Link REIT on the acquisition of a 50% interest in the "Queen Victoria Building", "The Strand Arcade" and "The Galeries" in Sydney, New South Wales
- Nuveen on the disposal of its 50% interest in Greenwood Plaza, 101 Miller Street and 103 Miller Street in Sydney, New South Wales
- Consolidated Properties Group on its "895 Ann Street" and "900 Ann Street" developments in Brisbane, Queensland, together with other large-scale commercial projects and regional retail developments
- M&G Real Estate on the acquisition of a 50% interest in 200 George Street in Sydney, New South Wales and other industrial and office transactions throughout Australia
- Abacus on the acquisition of 77 Castlereagh Street in Sydney, New South Wales
- LaSalle Funds Management on the sale of "Home Hub Marsden Park" and "Home Hub Castle Hill" in Sydney, New South Wales
- J.P. Morgan on leasing across a number of its major tenancies across Australia
- ESR on the purchase of a logistics portfolio including 11 assets across New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria together with various industrial acquisitions and leasing matters
- NEXTDC on the acquisition and development of office and data centre sites, including its head office in Brisbane and SC1 Sunshine Coast Data Centre in Maroochydore, Queensland
- Avid Property Group on all aspects of the development and sale of its industrial portfolio in Queensland, including "Swanbank Enterprise Park" and "New Base Business Park"
- Optimus Developments on all aspects of the acquisition, development and sale of "31 Broadbeach" on the Gold Coast, Queensland
- Accor on all aspects of the real estate due diligence of its acquisition of Mantra Group across Australia