James is a consultant based in our Sydney office.
James brings more than 40 years of experience to the firm’s funds management practice. He has particular expertise working with corporate clients in general insurance, life insurance and listed and unlisted trusts.
James has worked extensively with trust clients on initial public offerings, placements and rights issues, and mergers and acquisitions. His life insurance clients have benefitted from his transactional experience, which encompasses acquisitions, agency and distribution agreements, restructures including demutualisations, and statutory funds.
James is a fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia. He has previously worked in the firm’s offices in Perth and Jakarta.
James is a member of the national board of the firm and has spent time working in the Perth and Jakarta offices. He is a Fellow of the Securities Institute of Australia and holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Sydney.
Experience & expertise
- the merger of the General Property Trust (GPT) with the GEM Commercial Property Trust and the GEM Retail Property Trust (all listed trusts), which resulted in a A$3 billion-plus Property Trust. This transaction required, among other things, GPT to issue a prospectus, and the three trusts to issue information memoranda
- the establishment and initial public offering of the Stadium Australia Trust, created to construct the Stadium at Sydney Olympic Park, the units in which have been stapled to shares in Stadium Australia Management Limited, the proposed operator of the trust
- the establishment and initial public offering of the Darling Park Trust, created to acquire an interest in the existing Darling Park Development and to construct another major office building on the site
- the establishment and initial public offering of the Leisure Wide Property Trust, promoted and managed by the Macquarie Bank Group
- the restructuring of Lloyd’s of London Australian operations, including establishing designated security trust funds for the purposes of the Insurance Act 1973