Senior Associate in the dispute resolution team.
Jake has advised companies involved in complex and high value disputes across a variety of industries and jurisdictions. He has experience in various forms of dispute resolution including international arbitration, litigation and adjudication.
Jake’s experience has a focus on disputes in the construction, engineering, mining, energy and resources and infrastructure sectors.
Jake has extensive experience in the construction sector. He has acted for both employers and contractors across various industries, including infrastructure, mining and energy and commercial real estate. His experience includes acting for clients involved in disputes relating to extensions of time, delay and disruption, defects, and other scope of work issues. Jake's experience extends across the various stages of a dispute between employers and contractors, from contentious issues that arise early in the life cycle of a project to arbitral hearings taking place long after practical completion.
Jake also has experience defending clients in class action litigation. He is one of the contributing authors to the textbook 25 Years of Class Actions in Australia.
Experience & expertise
- Wellard Limited in relation to a class action
- an employer in adjudication proceedings against the contractor under an EPC contract for the construction of an energy from waste facility in the United Kingdom
- a joint venture contractor against a State electricity company in ad hoc arbitration proceedings related to the construction of a power plant in the Middle East
- a Korean contractor in an ICC arbitration against a subcontractor engaged for works relating to the construction of a petroleum plant in Northern Africa
- a Spanish contractor against a State electricity company in respect of an LCIA arbitration related to the termination of two EPC contracts for an electrical grid upgrade project
- an employer in relation to various disputes arising out of an urban development and upgrade project in London
- a state-owned oil company on an ICC arbitration concerning defective upgrade works on a petroleum refinery
- Iluka Resources in relation to a class action, including a preliminary discovery application in the Federal Court of Australia in relation to the claim
- Samsung C&T, the EPC Contractor, on the Roy Hill Project in relation to numerous claims, disputes, adjudications and project issues with Forge Group and Duro Felguera Australia Pty Limited