Ivan is a specialist in dispute resolution practice. Ivan specialises in resolving complex cross-border disputes, representing clients in both Russian and foreign state courts, and in the international commercial arbitration. He has considerable experience in advising banks, financial services institutions, state institutions, corporates and private clients on various aspects of contentious work, mainly cross-border. Since October 2017 to January 2019 Ivan was seconded to our London office. Ivan is recognized in the international rankings by Chambers and Partners and Best Lawyers.
Ivan's experience includes advising:
- a Russian businessman in connection with a complex cross-border shareholders dispute regarding coal mining business in 9 jurisdictions (Cyprus, BVI, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Seychelles, Belize, England, Greece and Russia) including obtaining disclosure and freezing orders in a number of jurisdictions
- a confidential client against a claim of a Russian bank in a cross-border litigation, involving simultaneous proceedings in 5 jurisdictions
- an investment bank as Trustee and noteholders in the LCIA arbitration in London in connection with a substantial claim filed as a result of material breaches under the securitisation transaction. Our work included analysing complex issues relating to the law of England, Luxembourg and Russia
- a major Russian bank in connection with assets tracing and debt recovery of US$200 million from a Russian businessman, including liquidation proceedings, several attachments, discovery proceedings and parallel litigations in Russia, Cyprus, BVI and Luxembourg
- China Petrochemical International Co. Ltd. in the proceedings in the Russian court and Cypriot courts in relation to enforcement of the SCC award
Ivan graduated from the law school of the Moscow State Institute for International Relations (MGIMO). He joined the firm in 2012 after several years working for another international law firm.