Imogen has experience working with companies and individuals on a range of corporate transactions in the UK, including public takeovers, private mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings and joint ventures. During her time in London, Imogen also advised on a range of corporate governance issues, including corporate reporting requirements, the UK Corporate Governance Code and continuing obligations under the UK Listing Rules, Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules.
Imogen joined Herbert Smith Freehills’ London office in 2014, and completed a secondment to the Sydney Corporate team in 2015-16 before returning to London. Imogen rejoined the Sydney Corporate practice in 2019.
Imogen was a member of the London Corporate team awarded the Corporate Team of the Year award at The Lawyer Awards 2019 and named as M&A Team of the Year (Large Deal) at the 2018 British Legal Awards. Both awards were made in recognition of the team’s work advising Sky plc on the competing takeover offers from 21st Century Fox and Comcast Corporation.
Imogen’s experience includes advising:
- Sky on the £30 billion contested takeover offer by Comcast Corporation
- Lonmin on its recommended takeover by Sibanye-Stillwater
- BHP on various matters of English law, including UK corporate governance obligations
- the founders of Allworld Exhibitions on the sale of the business to UBM for US$485 million following a competitive auction process
- KKCG on the creation of a 75%/25% joint venture with EMMA Capital group to aggregate all lottery and gaming assets of both groups into the joint venture company, SAZKA Group
Imogen also worked as part of the team supporting Veda Group on its takeover by scheme of arrangement by US bidder, Equifax, for A$2.5 billion.