Ilze has over a decade of experience in structuring cross-border transactions and advising lenders and borrowers on a wide range of bilateral and syndicated financing transactions including bespoke asset-backed and acquisition financings. She has helped businesses in a variety of industries including automotive, aviation, consumer products, financial services and insurance.
Ilze has a good understanding of clients' perspectives from her secondment to a major international bank and has developed close relationships with a number of the firm's key clients.
Ilze utilises her broad experience to help financial institutions, listed and unlisted multinational companies and other clients on structured and bespoke financing arrangements in the UK, Europe and the emerging markets. She works with clients on corporate, bank and sovereign debt, leveraged finance as well as receivables and bespoke asset-backed financing transactions including ground rent-backed financings.
In addition, Ilze works closely with our pensions and insurance practices to understand regulatory and transactional issues facing our clients (such as insurers, reinsurers, pension trustees and corporates) and to help them to appropriately mitigate risks in their transactions using leveraged finance techniques, guarantees and security arrangements.
Ilze's experience includes advising:
- a major international bank on a series of loans to a bank in Azerbaijan
- Marel Holding BV on a c. €670 million financing arranged by Rabobank in connection with the acquisition of MPS meat processing systems
- a life insurance company on a number of ground rent-backed financings
- a multinational vehicle manufacturer on vehicle financing arrangements
- Swiss Re on the security arrangements relating to the reinsurance of logevity risk in respect of pensions in payment in the Aviva Staff Pension Scheme