Ignacio Paz advises clients on Spanish deals as well as those across a wide range of jurisdictions in the infrastructure, energy and natural resources sectors.
He has two decades of experience, which means he is well-placed to provide guidance to infrastructure funds, major corporations, banks and public entities on both domestic and cross-border transactions.
His expertise includes acquisitions and disposals, projects, PPPs, privatisations, regulatory issues as well as disputes in a range of sectors including infrastructure and transport, power and renewables, oil & gas, water and waste, mining and the environment.
Ignacio's experience includes advising:
- a global infrastructure fund on the acquisition of one of the largest electric utilities Company in Spain
- several global infrastructure funds on the acquisition of the largest port terminal operators in Spain, one of the largest Spanish off-street car park operator and several motorways
- an Australian mining Company on the development of an uranium mine in Spain
- a global infrastructure fund on the acquisition of a renewable portfolio in Latam
- one of the world's leading integrated energy companies on the development of oil & gas exploratory opportunities in Mozambique
Publications and Accolades
Ignacio’s expertise in energy and natural resources, environment and projects is recognised through his accolades, and he is regularly profiled in many prominent legal guides such as Chambers Europe, Chambers Latin America, Legal 500 - EMEA and Latin America and Best Lawyers.
In 2018, Ignacio was elected by Economic press "Expansión" as one of the best lawyers in Spain.
His clients comment that "He impressed with his professionalism and promptly understood and responded to our needs.", "He is extremely dedicated, proactive and knowledgeable about his particular field and regulatory situations. He's very good at lateral thinking to find ways of helping beyond the legal work."
Ignacio is a lecturer in LLM courses at the University of Navarra. He is also a frequent speaker at seminars and conferences at IE or IFAES.