Based in London Ian has extensive experience of commercial property and helps clients with all aspects of UK real estate with an emphasis on private equity investment, property finance and structured finance, including establishing alternative vehicles for property investment.
Ian regularly advises overseas investors entering the UK market. His expertise is sought by clients in industries as diverse as financial services and leisure and sport.
His expertise in commercial property is highlighted by his recommendation in Chambers UK.
Ian has advised:
- Blackstone Group on a number of UK investment and financing transactions since 2013 including its acquisition of Broadgate Quarter, the refinancing of its Logicor industrial portfolio, the acquisition of Cannon Bridge House and the disposal of the High Holborn Estate
- Moorfield Group on the sale of a diversified UK real estate investment portfolio to Lone Star for c.£1 billion
- Cowley Holdings (a JV between Anglesea Capital and Oaktree Capital) on their disposal of the shares in various Luxembourg and IOM companies holding a portfolio of UK properties with an aggregate GAV of c. £325 million
- Ivanhoé Cambridge on their £170 million acquisition of Minster Court, London EC3
- Rockpoint on its purchase of speculative industrial property, totalling 4 million sq ft, for £180 million and its subsequent purchase of 14 tenanted industrial properties for £141 million, all UK