Imogen specialises in international arbitration in the Asia-Pacific region.
Imogen’s practice centres on international arbitration, including commercial and investment treaty matters. She also advises clients on public international law issues, and complex cross-border disputes.
Imogen speaks and writes on international arbitration issues. She is Co-Chair of the ACICA45 Steering Committee at the Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration. She is also a Member of the Expert Advisory Committee for Working Group III (Investor-State Dispute Settlement Reform) of the UNCITRAL National Coordination Committee for Australia.
Imogen holds a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and a Bachelor of Business from the Queensland University of Technology. Imogen is completing a Master of Laws in International Dispute Resolution at the Queen Mary University of London. Imogen is admitted in Victoria, Australia.
Before joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Imogen was an Arbitration Associate to Dr Michael Pryles AO PBM, a leading international arbitrator.
Experience & expertise
- defending one of Asia's largest private equity funds in a SIAC arbitration seated in Singapore concerning a Korean M&A dispute
- acting for an independent South Asian power producer in a LCIA arbitration seated in London in relation to a tariff dispute concerning a hydropower plant
- acting for private investors in a HKIAC arbitration seated in Hong Kong regarding a Chinese M&A dispute
- advising a telecommunications conglomerate in relation to ICSID arbitration proceedings against an Asian State relating to a taxation dispute
- representing a US technology conglomerate seeking diplomatic aide in relation to business operations in an Asian State
- defending one of the largest cryptocurrency trading platforms in a HKIAC class arbitration seated in Hong Kong
- defending a global energy company in ICC arbitrations seated in Australia relating to information technology services
- defending a leading global supply chain and logistics business in a HKIAC arbitration