Ignacio is an associate in the employment, pensions and incentives practice in the Madrid office.
He has a dual degree in Law and Political and administration science and a dual master's degree for admission to the bar and Business law by Universidad CEU San Pablo (Spain). He also has two additional master's degrees in compliance, by Instituto de Empresa (IE, Spain) and in Labour proceeding law by ETJ Law & Business School (Spain). He speaks Spanish and English. He is admitted to the Ilustre Colegio de la Abogacía de Madrid (ICAM – Madrid Bar Association).
Prior to joining the firm, he worked for Jiménez-Poyato Abogados as a lawyer in their employment practice.
Experience & expertise
- DIF Infrastructure on the labour due diligence process related to the potential disposal of up to five Spanish PPP projects to a single buyer, within the transport and healthcare sectors
- a sports centres management company on the labour due diligence related to the sale of a gym chain in Spain through an auction process
- Antin Infrastructure Partners on the employment analysis, including key and ordinary employees, the applicable collective bargaining agreement, overtime, outsourcing, health and safety aspects, social security, etc., in the context of the disposal of Lyntia Networks, main neutral operator of optic fibre and one of the main suppliers of dark fibre in Spain, to joint venture formed by AXA-Swiss Life in a competitive bid, valued above €2 billion
- Lyntia Networks, a portfolio company of Antin Infrastructure Partners, on the labour due diligence report related to the acquisition of a right of use over c. 57% of the Iberdrola's optic fibre network (15,000 km) and the assignment of the contractual position held by different entities belonging to the group of companies of which Iberdrola, is the parent company under the optic fibre customer contracts pursuant to a competitive auction sale process known as Project Spider
- Acek Energías Renovables and Clear Wind Eólica on the labour due diligence process in the context of the sale of 80% of Elawan's renewables platform located in 13 jurisdictions to Orix
- Magnum Industrial Partners on the labour legal advice on potential contingencies related to the acquisition of a majority stake in ISDE, a legal and finance educational institution that will also be integrated within Digital Talent Group