Iain is a real estate Of Counsel.
Iain helps clients with a wide range of real estate matters but with a particular focus on structured investment transactions. He works with a broad range of clients including sovereign wealth funds, public listed and private property companies, private equity and institutional funds.
Iain has a general real estate background and, in addition to advising clients on investment transactions, he is involved frequently with joint ventures, landlord and tenant matters and property finance work.
With two decades of experience, Iain supports the partners in developing close relationships with many key clients and acts as a principal day to day senior contact. He often project manages multi-discipline teams of lawyers on large transactions to deliver successful outcomes for clients.
Experience & expertise
- A Sovereign Wealth Fund on the acquisition of a 25% interest in The Crown Estate's Regent Street portfolio and subsequent further acquisitions
- The Carlyle Group on the acquisition of the White Tower portfolio of six London office buildings
- Hammerson on the acquisition of a one third interest in the Bullring shopping centre, Birmingham and related joint venture arrangements
- A Far Eastern Sovereign Wealth Fund on the disposal its interest in the Merrill Lynch Financial Centre, in London
- Hines on the acquisition and financing of a mixed use investment property at Royal Exchange Manchester
- London Luton Airport in relation to the new fully automated mass passenger transit linking the airport terminal with Luton Airport Parkway station