Huneiza is a corporate lawyer with 20 years of experience in the areas of corporate law and M&A, specifically dealing with securities law, corporate finance and structuring, corporate law and governance, black economic empowerment transactions, financial services regulation, international transactions, joint ventures, listings/ flotations, leveraged and management buy-outs, mining transactions, private equity, public offerings and private placements.
Huneiza has experience advising multinationals on a number of cross border transactions and has advised on pan-African and domestic matters. She has advised on many IPO's on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and has assisted a number of blue-chip companies on a wide range of deals.
Huneiza is fluent in English, Portuguese and Afrikaans and understands Spanish, French and Gujurati at a basic level.
Huneiza's experience includes advising:
- Nedbank on its acquisition of Banco Unico in Mozambique
- PPS Insurance on the establishment of its insurance operations in Australia
- Phembani Group in relation to its investment in AfriSam
- Xstrata in respect of the proposed merger with Anglo American
- Liberty Two Degrees on its listing on the JSE Limited