Hilary has worked on a number of matters for major listed companies, including regulatory investigations, commercial litigation, corporate crime and crisis management.
She is trusted to manage complex issues for clients across a range of industries including financial services, technology, media and telecommunications and energy and resources.
Hilary’s recent experience includes:
- managing a complex international investigation for a top financial institution, working directly with senior executives, regulators and authorities in Australia and the United States
- acting for Qantas in relation to a significant contractual dispute.
- providing highly sensitive advice on issues for major energy and resource companies, including crisis management, disaster response and risk assessments related to key infrastructure
- core team member on significant, high profile class actions for BHP and the Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- acting for an ASX-listed company on an internal investigation into business activities in Indonesia, including advice on reporting obligations and potential criminal liability in Australia, Indonesia and the United States
Hilary holds a Bachelor of Laws (Distinction) and Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism) from the University of Technology, Sydney.
Hilary is admitted to practise as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia.