Heydon advises clients on a range of competition law matters, including merger control, antitrust investigations and litigation and regulatory compliance.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Heydon practised competition law at an international law firm in Sydney, Australia and worked for the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
Heydon's experience includes advising:
- AGL on merger authorisation proceedings in the Australian Competition Tribunal to acquire certain electricity generation assets*
- a mining company in proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia in relation to cartel conduct allegations*
- confidential clients in the financial services and energy sectors in relation to competition investigations*
- a competition authority on an investigation and court proceedings in relation to misuse of market power and exclusive dealing allegations in the healthcare sector*
- a Southeast Asian government on the development and implementation of competition law*
* - experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
Heydon holds a Master of Law (First Class) from the University of Cambridge and a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws from the University of Sydney. Heydon is an Australian-qualified solicitor.