Henry is an associate specialising in professional liability claims and insurance disputes. Henry has a particular interest in defending, and handling coverage matters concerning claims against solicitors, barristers, pensions providers and other financial professionals.
Henry's experience includes advising:
- a firm of solicitors in a professional negligence claim concerning their advice and drafting in the context of a planned commercial development*
- a firm of accountants in a substantial group-action which concerned alleged mis-selling of film-finance products*
- a corporate trustee on a c.US$40m claim concerning its role as escrow provider to a developer and its investors*
- a firm of accountants in a claim concerning allegedly negligence advice provided on the tax consequences of the acquisition of assets within a general partnership*
* Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
Henry graduated from Queen Mary, University of London (LL.B. with First Class Honours). He spent five years training and practising at another law firm focused on insurance and professional liability disputes prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills in 2022.