Henry’s practice covers all aspects of the employment relationship, including employment litigation, discrimination, bullying, industrial disputes, enterprise bargaining and workplace investigations. Henry assists major Australian and international clients in a broad range of sectors, including aviation, manufacturing, public transport, government and not for profit.
Henry has experience assisting clients on a range of litigious, advisory and transactional matters. He has advised on complex issues arising in all aspects of the employment relationship, and has extensive litigation experience. Henry is valued for his ability to provide targeted and commercial advice to clients on a range of employment related matters, and can distil complex legal information in a friendly manner.
Henry’s experience includes:
- advising clients in preparation for significant litigation in the Fair Work Commission, Victorian Civil & Administrative Tribunal, and the Federal Court of Australia;
- assisting a client engaged in the transport sector manage its consultation processes in the context of proposed redundancies. This included acting as instructing solicitor in related injunctive proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia;
- assisting a large aviation client with the procedural steps involved in obtaining approval by the Fair Work Commission of several cabin crew agreements;
- reviewing the conduct of workplace investigations and advising on the production of investigation reports; and
- advising a disability services provider on various enterprise agreement and award coverage issues, in the context of a large payroll compliance review.
Henry holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and a Bachelor Arts (with High Distinction) from Monash University. He is admitted to practice in the Federal Court of Australia, the Supreme Court of Victoria, and the High Court of Australia.