Helena carries out a wide range of work, from bespoke research for clients' specific planning and environmental queries (such as on REACH, retail outlets, highways and transboundary EIAs) to due diligence, drafting of contracts and leases, and detailed review of planning applications and EIAs.
Helena attends many UK Environmental Law Association seminars and other industry events, and contributes to the real estate development blog.
Helena's experience includes advising:
- Cuadrilla in relation to the shale gas exploration sites in Lancashire involving fracking and related regulatory issues
- EDF in relation to the Hinkley Point C development consent order and compulsory purchase, as well as its plans for Sizewell C
- The Church Commissioners on liabilities arising from contaminated land
- on habitats and European law for a large international pipeline
- on renewables, including waste and biomass energy projects, as well as offshore and onshore wind projects