Based in London, Helen has extensive experience of energy transition projects across renewable energy, infrastructure and the battery value chain (battery metals, giga factories and battery storage). Her unique practice spans the financing and acquisitions of major infrastructure, power and mining projects across the UK, Europe, Africa and Australia.
Helen covers the spectrum of debt products and structures from the more traditional project finance and public private partnership structures to multi-source platform financings, and acquisition and holdco financings, as well as streaming and royalties. Her client base includes developers, financial sponsors, institutional investors including pension funds, sovereign wealth funds and GP-managed funds, as well as traditional commercial banks.
Helen is a key member of our market-leading team in the energy, natural resources and infrastructure sectors for providing top quality service to clients. Our sector specialists deliver expert support on some of the most complex energy transition and decarbonisation projects (including CCUS), renewables and power projects, world-class mining projects, large-scale oil and gas projects and first-of-a-kind infrastructure projects. We continue to support our clients, and have done over many years, in navigating the systemic shift in interest on green and sustainable financing.
Helen is ranked in the Legal 500 directory as a Next Generation Partner for Projects/Project Finance.
Helen's experience includes advising:
- lenders to a consortium on its bid for the A465 road project in Wales
- Allianz, Amber Infrastructure, Dalmore Capital and DIF on the platform financing for their successful consortium bid for the £4.2 billion Thames Tideway Tunnel project in London
- Dynamic Mining on the financing and development of the Bon Ami Bauxite mine in the Republic of Guinea, including advice on the project's debt financing, offtake and equity arrangements
- Adriatic Metals plc in connection with the financing for the development of its Vareš base metals project in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The financing involved an equity fundraise, senior secured debt facility and secured copper stream
- InterGen on the development and financing of its Capacity Market backed OCGT plant at Spalding
- Orion Mine Finance in relation to the financing of the Bel Air bauxite project in Guinea for Alufer Mining Limited
- the lenders on the financing of the NeuConnect interconnector, which will be the first interconnector between England and Germany (two of Europe's largest energy markets) and one of the first interconnectors in Europe to be project-financed
- a syndicate of nine commercial banks on the project financing of Cory's second "Riverside 2" energy from waste facility, which will be located next to Cory’s existing EfW facility in Southeast London
- KEFI in connection with the financing of the Tulu Kapi gold mine in Ethiopia