Hayley helps clients achieve their goals on the most complex and significant transactions. Her market leading practice is focused on advising mid-market and large cap domestic and international private equity sponsors as well as banks and financial institutions on M&A and event driven transactions and restructurings.
She has negotiated some of the most complex financing arrangements in the Australian leveraged finance market. This includes advising TPG on the financing of the acquisition of Ingham Enterprises in 2013 – which remains the largest LBO financing in the Australian market for a number of years.
Hayley is named as a leading individual in Acquisition Finance in the Chambers Asia-Pacific guide and Chambers Global guide. The guides note that Hayley is widely recognised for her work on leveraged acquisitions, where she is “very highly rated” and “a serious player”. Hayley’s profile in this space is recognised by interviewees who highlight that “she is technically strong and her client service is fantastic”. Clients praise her ability to “keep abreast of the marketplace and on top of commercial matters”.
She has advised:
- Adamantem Capital and Liverpool Capital Partners in relation to the financing of public to private acquisition of Zenitas Limited
- Apollo Capital on the acquisition of Ventia of Broadspectrum
- Bain Capital on its $3.5 billion acquisition of Virgin Australia Group by way of a deed of company arrangement
- Cardno Limited and Intega Group Limited in relation to the financing of their demerger
- CIMIC Group (formerly Leighton Holdings) in relation to the financing for the 50:50 investment partnership with funds managed by Apollo Global Management of CIMIC’s operations and maintenance services business. This included Vendor financing, Australian debt and the first A$ denominated US TLB financing
- Crescent Capital Partners:
- on the financing for the acquisition of PRP radiology group
- on the recapitalisation of Nucleus Network; and
- the financing of the acquisition of Healthcare Australia
- Morrison & Co on the financing of the acquisition of QScan Group
- Pacific Equity Partners in relation to the financing of Acumen
- Seven Group in relation to the acquisition and related debt restructuring of Nexus Energy
- The Carlyle Group and Varde owned BIS on the refinancing following its equity recapitalisation
- TPG Capital in relation to financing of the acquisition of Ingham Enterprises and the subsequent sale and leaseback of certain properties and recapitalisation of Inghams Enterprises
Hayley was made a partner in 2008, and previously spent four years as a senior associate in the leveraged finance team at another London law firm.
Hayley holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and a Bachelor of Commerce from Monash University in Victoria.