Hayley is a commercial litigator with broad-ranging experience in large-scale, complex disputes and class actions.
Hayley works with clients across a range of sectors such as banking and finance, construction and engineering, and pharmaceuticals. Hayley has acted in a number of contractual claims, as well as allegations of misleading and deceptive conduct and matters relating to directorial liability.
Hayley’s experience includes advising:
- an aviation company in defending Supreme Court proceedings arising out of various complex arrangements entered with a distributor
- a multinational banking and financial services company in defending a class action relating to asset financing structures
- an engineering and construction company (and two of its directors) in defending an insider trading claim arising from the collapse of a company of which it was the majority shareholder
- Bayer AG in relation to a large product liability class action
- various professional indemnity insurers, particularly in relation to defamation and negligence claims, as well as coverage issues
Hayley holds a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and a Bachelor of Arts. Having commenced her career in Perth, Hayley is admitted in Western Australia (though she holds a Victorian practising certificate) and the High Court of Australia.