Harry focuses on non-contentious financial services law and regulation. He advises banks, FinTech businesses (including scale-ups), asset managers, insurers and other financial institutions on a range of regulatory matters, including new business structuring, regulatory change projects (eg MiFID II and Brexit), client documentation, regulatory authorisations and licencing, day-to-day compliance with regulatory obligations, and financial sector M&A transactions and reorganisations.
Harry's experience includes advising:
- the Brexit projects and related reorganisations for a major global bank and a global inter-dealer broker
- an international investment bank and asset manager on its MiFID II implementation project
- Clear.Bank on the regulatory aspects of its establishment as the UK's first new clearing bank in over 250 years
- various scale-up FinTech businesses on the regulatory and payment services aspects of new products and services
- a global investment manager on the payment services and regulatory capital consolidation aspects of its 100% acquisition of a leading UK financial services software provider by way of auction process
First class degree in Law from St John's College, University of Cambridge.
Formerly seconded to the Global Litigation (EMEA Region) function at UBS.