Hanne's practice spans the areas of corporate and financial crime and contentious financial services regulatory matters, whilst also touching on some aspects of banking disputes. She works with a wide range of financial institutions, corporate clients and financial services firms.
Hanne also advises on internal and external investigations, including those conducted by the SFO, the FCA and the Police.
Hanne helps clients in relation to investigations and proceedings by regulators and enforcement authorities regarding money laundering, bribery, corruption, tax evasion, whistleblowing and corporate misconduct allegations. She also advises on financial regulatory matters, including FCA and PRA enforcement and dealing with the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Hanne has undertaken two separate secondments at the London offices of two global investment banks. In doing so, she gained experience working on matters ranging from whistleblowing to FCA investigations and banking disputes, as well as a number of other financial crime compliance and financial services regulatory matters.
Hanne's recent experience includes:
- advising a major UK retail bank in relation to an FCA investigation
- assisting a tier one global investment bank with reviewing its whistleblowing policies and procedures across more than 30 jurisdictions
- representing a major corporate client in relation to an SFO investigation
- advising a number of global financial institutions in respect of all aspects of financial crime compliance
- advising a global investment bank in relation to its complaints handling procedures
Hanne holds a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) from the University of Essex and a Master of Laws in International Business Law (Distinction) from the London School of Economics.