Hannah advises international and regional financial institutions in the investment banking, retail banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance sectors.
Her detailed understanding of UK, EU and Asian regulatory regimes is particularly invaluable to institutions working across international borders.
Working at every level from board to compliance and business teams, Hannah advises on issues such as conduct risk, governance arrangements, individual accountability, mis-selling and complaints-handling.
She regularly works with clients on contentious regulatory cases, including cross-border investigations, involving systems and controls breaches, insider dealing and other issues.
Hannah's experience includes advising:
- a large Chinese financial institution on an investigation by the Hong Kong Securities & Futures Commission (SFC) into its role as an IPO sponsor.
- ASIFMA and AIMA on their policy submissions in response to changes to and the implementation of new Hong Kong SFC regulatory regimes.
- a number of international and local financial institutions on the implementation of the new Hong Kong Manager in Charge regime.
- conducting an internal investigation into potential insider dealing for a global investment management organisation
- a global investment bank on the application of the new Hong Kong professional investor regime and client agreement requirements