Hannah is a commercial and transactional lawyer advising on IT and commercial matters across multiple industry sectors. She specialises in IT outsourcing and data protection law. Hannah has worked on a wide range of data protection and privacy matters, including assisting with global compliance projects and advising on data protection issues arising from a variety of commercial transactions. From an outsourcing perspective, Hannah has assisted clients in a number of sectors in contracting for new and often innovative IT platforms.
Hannah's experience includes advising:
- UK Ministry of Defence ("MoD") in relation to a series of technology procurements that enable the transformation of MoD's core IT systems and the development of a new supplier ecosystem and operating model. These include procurements for end user computing and legacy hardware and software support solutions
- a confidential client on the renegotiation of its existing multi-billion pound legacy IT infrastructure arrangement with a consortium of suppliers, including the migration and transformation of its entire global technology estate to a cloud-based service delivery model
- a confidential client on its communications infrastructure requirements, including the acquisition of bandwidth, dark fibre IRUs and leases, fibre swaps, and subsea cable system projects
- ElectraLink on procuring and negotiating an Energy Market Data Hub, including the IT and communications services used by ElectraLink to deliver the Data Transfer Service ("DTS") to electricity DNOs and other market participants, and exit from the current contract
- General Mills on the business operations and production transitional services arrangements arising from the sale of its European dough business to Cérélia, a global leader in ready-to-bake dough solutions
- a development company of a smart city project on a number of complex system and infrastructure development, and services agreements technology & digital
- TSB Bank plc on its £2 billion long term outsourcing arrangements for the entirety of TSB's banking operations, covering all critical IT and business services, one of the largest financial services outsourcings in the market
- British American Tobacco on its preparations for GDPR compliance, including drafting updated privacy policies and data protection-related employee guides
- Hays plc in relation to conducting a review of its existing global data protection practices and recommending and implementing a compliance programme to address any deficiencies, including coordinating local counsel
- a media company with ongoing support to its data protection team in relation to various privacy related matters, including advising on its commercial negotiations with contractual counterparties in relation to contracts involving the processing of personal data, in order to comply with the requirements of the GDPR
- various financial institutions on data protection considerations applicable to securitisation transactions
Hannah obtained an MA in Law from the University of Cambridge. She trained at HSF, sitting in a variety of different practice areas.