Haitham is a corporate partner with extensive international and regional experience in IPOs, private equity, M&A and complex joint venture transactions. Haitham is highly experienced in public company work covering both equity and debt transactions including IPOs, bond issuances, block trades and strategic investor investments. Haitham’s Middle Eastern background and understanding of the culture enables him to structure and execute local and regional transactions seamlessly. Haitham is consistently recognised by all major legal directories for his work in the UAE and the wider Middle East region.
Haitham is bilingual in English and Arabic.
Haitham's recent experience includes:
- Abu Dhabi Financial Group on a joint venture with Gulf Finance House for the development of the first sharia compliant investment bank in the Abu Dhabi Global Markets*
- Abu Dhabi National Chemicals Company (ChemaWEyaat) in connection with a joint venture for the development of a tank terminal in Abu Dhabi*
- ASMA Capital Partners (the fund manager of the IDB Infrastructure Fund II B.S.C) on the proposed acquisition of a stake in a port in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and a minority stake in towers operating company in Myanmar*
- KUFPEC which is a government related entity owned by the State of Kuwait in connection with the proposed acquisition of numerous gas assets in Pakistan*
- Al Hilal Bank in connection with the acquisition of the St Regis Saadiyat mix use development including the St Regis Saadiyat Hotel*
*Experience gained prior to Herbert Smith Freehills
Haitham has been in the UAE since 2013 and prior to that held positions with leading international firms in Australia, Taipei, Jordan, London, Singapore and Hong Kong.