Hinko specialises in commercial litigation and arbitration, focusing on complex financial disputes.
Hinko advises on a wide range of commercial disputes across multiple forms of dispute resolution, which includes Court of Appeal, High Court, and arbitration focusing on large scale cross-border, fraud, complex finance litigation, joint venture, class action, and regulatory disputes.
Hinko has substantial experience in sports law, advising internationally known clients on sector-specific matters from regulatory to contentious and non-contentious issues. Acting for governing bodies, clubs, teams, and individuals in the UK, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
Hinko holds a Bachelor of Arts (history/economics), Bachelor of Laws, and Master of Laws. He is admitted to practice in England and Wales, and Australia. Hinko is fluent in Slovenian, and Serbo-Croatian.
Experience & expertise
- acting for management shareholders Principal Investing Funds I Ltd & ors in parallel proceedings in the Cayman Islands and BVI resisting winding up petitions brought by Credit Suisse London Nominees Ltd. The litigation involved parallel proceedings in England and LCIA arbitration.
- The Post Office in relation to the Historic Shortfall compensation scheme following the successful settlement of the highly publicised class action.
- acting for Legal & General as defendant against claim brought by former directors who alleged that a deferred payment was owed. *prior to HSF
- successfully applying for a receiver to take over conduct of certain High Court claims being brought by the Libyan Investment Authority (2015 EWHC 1925(QB)) ‘Top 20 Cases’ to be heard in the UK in 2015 *prior to HSF
- advising the British Paralympic Association in developing its Team Member Handbook for eligibility, selection, participation, breach and appeals for multiple Paralympic Games *prior to HSF
* prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills