Henry is an associate specialising in professional liability claims and insurance disputes.
Henry is an associate specialising in professional liability claims and insurance disputes. He has a particular interest in defending and handling regulatory and coverage matters concerning claims against solicitors, barristers, pensions providers and other financial professionals.
Henry graduated from Queen Mary, University of London (LL.B. with First Class Honours). He spent five years training and practising at another law firm focused on insurance and professional liability disputes prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills in 2022.
Experience & expertise
- a barrister who successfully resisted an appeal which considered when lawyers may owe obligations to third party recipients of their advice (McClean & Ors v Thornhill  EWCA Civ 466)
- US based attorneys in a multi-party professional negligence dispute concerning their allegedly negligent drafting of transactional documents for the sale of part of their client's business
- a firm of solicitors in an SRA regulatory investigation concerning its alleged breach of the Money Laundering Regulations
- a firm of accountants in a substantial group action which concerned alleged mis-selling of film-finance products, including a related security for costs appeal (Rowe & Ors v Ingenious Media Holdings plc & Ors  EWCA Civ 29)*
- a corporate trustee on a c.US$40 million claim concerning its role as escrow provider to a developer and its investors*
- a firm of accountants in a claim concerning allegedly negligent advice provided on the tax consequences of the acquisition of assets within a general partnership*
*Experience gained prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills