Helen is a Senior Associate in the Intellectual Property Disputes team in Melbourne.
Helen’s practice is in intellectual property litigation and dispute resolution with particular expertise in patent disputes in the pharmaceutical and life sciences fields. Helen’s PhD in neuroscience is a particular asset to her practice.
Helen’s experience spans all aspects of intellectual property protection including patents, trade marks, copyright, designs, passing off and consumer law.
Helen also regularly advises clients on regulatory issues relating to medical devices, pharmaceuticals and health services.
Helen has a Juris Doctor from Monash University. She also has a Bachelor of Science (Honours) (First Class) and a PhD in neuroscience from the University of Melbourne.
Helen is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria, the Federal Court of Australia and the High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- Godfrey Hirst Australia in Supreme Court of Victoria proceedings involving claims of copyright infringement, breaches of confidence and breach of contract
- Gilead in Australian patent infringement proceedings relating to its blockbuster HIV treatment
- Treasury Wine Estates in a trade mark infringement dispute concerning trade marks for the PENFOLDS brand of wine
- Boehringer Ingelheim in patent infringement and invalidity proceedings relating to threatened generic launch of inhalable formulations for use in the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Apotex in patent litigation relating to its generic launch of Tadalafil
- A global medical devices company on Australian patent infringement and validity prospects
- A global medical devices company in relation to the advertising and supply of direct to consumer products, concerning misleading and deceptive conduct and therapeutic goods advertising regulations.
- A global medical devices company in relation to regulatory compliance issues and remediation measures
- An online Australian health clinic in relation to the advertising and supply of products and services, concerning misleading and deceptive conduct and therapeutic goods advertising regulations