Helen is Of Counsel in the London Competition, Regulation and Trade team.
Helen has over 10 years’ experience, specialising in all aspects of EU and UK competition law including cartel and abuse of dominance cases, competition disputes, market investigations and merger control. She has advised clients on some of the most complex and high profile competition matters across a wide range of sectors.
Helen has extensive experience in competition litigation having advised clients in cases brought before the High Court of England and Wales and the UK Competition Appeal Tribunal. She also advises clients on antitrust and abuse of dominance issues and has acted for clients on Phase 2 merger investigations. Helen regularly provides key strategic advice for clients who commend her for her commercial and pragmatic advice, tailored to their sector. Having completed in-house client secondments, Helen understands the need to balance legal issues and business objectives.
2016 – Part of the winning team for Matter of the Year, Global Competition Review Awards
2013, 2014 – Listed as a rising star, Super Lawyer
Experience & expertise
- A truck manufacturer on the pan-European defence of damages actions arising out of the European Commission’s Trucks investigation.
- Air Canada in relation to its landmark victory before the EU General Court, which overturned the European Commission's 2010 Air Cargo decision.*
- Air Canada in the Air Cargo cartel litigation (Emerald and others v BA).*
- AEG in the Phase 2 clearance of its acquisition of the right to manage Wembley Arena.*
- Mersen in relation to damages claims brought against it in the Competition Appeal Tribunal arising from the Carbon Graphite cartel (Emerson v Morgan & Deutsche Bahn v Morgan).*
*Experience gained prior to Herbert Smith Freehills