Heather is a senior associate in our disputes practice.
Heather advises clients on a wide range of commercial disputes, including in relation to civil fraud. She has spent time on secondment with BAE Systems plc (in 2021 - 2022) and Love Productions Limited (in 2015-2016).
Heather is ranked as a 'Rising Star' for Civil Fraud in Legal 500 for 2024 and has been described as having "notable experience in proceedings related to allegations of fraud against banks."
Heather studied law at the University of Cambridge, graduating in 2010. She was admitted as a solicitor in September 2014 and was granted higher rights of audience in 2016.
Experience & expertise
- the owner and major shareholder in a leading logistics / transport company in relation to a contractual dispute, including two sets of related LCIA arbitration proceedings and actions in the English High Court under s.67 and 68 of the Arbitration Act 1996
- a UK listed company on a contractual dispute with a major customer and supplier
- an international commodities broker on the recovery of significant sums from a Lebanese bank, involving proceedings in multiple jurisdictions including Lebanon, Switzerland, the DIFC and the US including allegations of dishonesty against the bank
- an investor on claims in London seated LCIA arbitration under a Sale and Purchase Agreement and Guarantees
- a group of beneficiaries of a Bermudian trust in the Bermudian Supreme Court in resisting an application by the Trustee for approval of a significant investment of the trust assets
- a number of heirs to the estate of an ultra-high net worth individual in relation to a dispute with other heirs regarding the division of the estate's assets across multiple jurisdictions
- Jyske Bank in relation to high profile proceedings in Gibraltar in a claim that the bank had dishonestly assisted fraudulent conduct from an account holder (a law firm) which caused loss to third parties
- an operator of indoor and outdoor markets on claims against a former director for fraudulent misrepresentation and breach of fiduciary duty
- an international trading bank on a fraud perpetrated by one of its customers resulting in a default of $42.5million under a revolving credit facility
- an international trading bank on the recovery of sums owed to it by a middle eastern borrower following the borrower's disposal of assets mortgaged to the bank by way of security
- a high net worth individual on decisions made by the trustees of a family trust
- a German insurer on debt recovery proceedings in Greece and Cyprus against a Greek investment company