Hayden practices in corporate, acquisition and real estate finance.
Hayden has experience advising Lenders and Borrowers on high value strategic and complex syndicated lending, corporate finance, acquisition finance and real estate finance transactions.
Hayden has advised clients on a range of social and affordable housing, SDA accommodation, student accommodation, and green finance projects across Australia.
Hayden holds a Juris Doctor (First Class Honours) from Bond University and a Bachelor of Science from Melbourne University. Hayden is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria and the High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- Export Finance Australia on its financing of Telstra’s acquisition of Digicel Pacific, the largest telecommunications provider in the Pacific region, and credit support arrangements with the Japan Bank for International Cooperation and the United States International Development Finance Corporation
- Department of Treasury and Finance and Treasury Corporation of Victoria on the Low Interest Loan Program, providing support for community housing providers for the development of social and affordable housing projects
- Syndicate of domestic and international financiers to EnergyAustralia on the provision of syndicated term loans, working capital and bank guarantee facilities in excess of $2 billion
- Advising a Noteholder on the sale and transfer of subordinated notes in one of Australia’s major coal export terminals in excess of $200 million.
- Super Housing Partnerships on the debt financing to support the construction and development of 362 social, affordable and market build-to-rent housing apartments in Kensington, Melbourne.
- Clean Energy Finance Corporation on its financing transaction for the construction and development of a 15-level cross-laminated timber office building in Melbourne.
- Advising a charity operating in NSW on its portfolio financing arrangement in excess of $13 million to support the proposed development of nine specialist disability accommodation properties and acquisition of further specialist disability accommodation properties.