Hartley is a senior associate in our corporate team, who is based in our Sydney office.
Hartley specialises in superannuation and wealth management. Hartley’s particular focus areas include superannuation, corporate restructurings of financial services businesses, financial advice and distribution, and regulatory strategy on ASIC and APRA investigations and engagement.
Hartley regularly advises clients on product development and rationalisation, licensee and conduct obligations, regulatory interactions, and the financial services aspects of M&A transactions.
Experience & expertise
- BT Funds Management on the transfer of its unitised superannuation business to Mercer via a competitive tender and SFT process to create $63b combined fund at the time of merger
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on the regulatory aspects of its sale of a 55% interest in Colonial First State to KKR and A$3.3 billion joint venture
- National Australia Bank limited on the regulatory aspects of its $1.4b sale of MLC Wealth to Insignia Financial
- Colonial First State group on the restructure of its superannuation and investments businesses to transfer its superannuation business to Avanteos Investments Limited
- A range of superannuation trustees on their APRA engagement strategies in relation to the imposition of additional licence conditions, the APRA performance test and fund rationalisation issues
- AMP Life on the restructure of its business in separating from AMP Limited, and renegotiation of key agreements with AMP superannuation trustees