Harriet is a senior associate and solicitor advocate in the dispute resolution team in London.
Harriet specialises in commercial litigation, with specific experience in banking and financial services. Harriet is based in our London office but has spent time on secondment to the firm's Tokyo office and with the EMEA litigation team at Barclays.
Harriet graduated from the University of Oxford with a degree in English Language and Literature and completed her GDL at City University, London. She qualified and practised as a barrister at a leading common law set of chambers in London before re-qualifying as a solicitor in 2018.
Experience & expertise
- a major UK bank in its defence of claims arising out of the alleged mis-selling of interest rate hedging products
- a financial institution in relation to its defence of a potential bribery and corruption claim threatened by a sovereign wealth fund
- a leading financial technology company in its defence of claims for damages and an indemnity in connection with certain tax liabilities, brought in multiple jurisdictions
- a global investment bank in its defence of claims arising out of alleged negligent advice and/or misstatement, as well as allegations of a failure to properly exercise its powers as mortgagee in possession of shares
- an online retailer in relation to its defence of high value shareholder claims brought under section 90A of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and at common law
- a global wealth and asset manager in relation to its defence of high value shareholder claims brought at common law
- various financial institutions on the impact of Iranian and Russian sanctions on their obligations towards customers