Currently on secondment to Myanmar Legal Services Limited in Yangon, Guillaume has special expertise in advising clients on their investments into, and establishing operations in, Myanmar.
With similar experience in Vietnam, where Guillaume spent almost five years advising clients on their inbound and outbound investments, he is skilled in assisting global clients navigate the fast-developing legal and investment regimes in Southeast Asia's emerging markets.
Guillaume advises clients across industry sectors on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters, including:
- establishing and negotiating joint ventures with government bodies and foreign parties;
- small and large-scale project development;
- asset and share acquisitions and disposals;
- corporate finance and public fundraising;
- establishing subsidiaries and representative offices;
- corporate restructuring exercises; and
- corporate compliance and governance issues (including anti-corruption, sanctions and antitrust).
Guillaume's recent experience includes advising:
- an international telecom operator on its joint venture entry into Myanmar
- a global oil company on its projects and transactions in Myanmar and Vietnam
- a US multinational IT company on Southeast Asian aspects of its global restructuring exercises
- a multinational private equity group on its South East Asian private equity investments
- a global Japanese bank on its US$743 million investment in a state-owned Vietnamese bank
- a leading European retailer on the sale of its Vietnamese business to a Thai conglomerate for €650 million